So what is Drupal, you ask?
What is Drupal?
- Drupal is a leading web-framework which allows you to create anything from small sites to mega web-systems with e-commerce and social-networking. This can be done quite rapidly, if the system is not all too complex.
- Drupal is a "Content Management system" (CMS) which makes it easy to enter content, without ever having to write any code.
- Drupal is "Open Source," which means it will not cost you anything in licensing fees.
- Drupal is modular: the base functionality can be expanded using modules, like for example blogs, forums, comments, contact-forms, etc.
- Many of these modules offer the most commonly used base functionality, such as login and registration, user-management, security, etc. All this is readily available and does not have to be developed.
- Because there are may thousands of these modules, you can build up a system very quickly without having to write a line of code.